Wood Working Pattern Makers Vice (Vise) - No Racking
The best-in-class Pattern Maker’s Vice (vise) incorporates new generation non-racking design ensuring precise and significant holding power from minimal crank-handle force, limiting user fatigue through prolonged use. The Pattern Maker’s Vice (vise) is designed to hold any object, from those with parallel sides through to those with tapers or double tapers.
- 360° rotation offers four different working heights and unlimited working angles.
- 90° tilt from vertical to horizontal
- Full lock on both rotation and tilt functions
- The pattern maker’s vice (vise) will hold objects up to 150mm (6”) wide. This is reduced to 120mm (4 3/4”) when using the tilting plate fitted. The jaw size is 160mm x 340mm.
Accessories available for purchase:
- Cork liners are available here for the front and/or back jaw for better work holding when dealing with timber that is not quite parallel.
- Tilting vice jaws are available for holding odd-shaped stock like chair legs and musical instrument parts. The tilting jaw fits into a ½” hole in the back jaw.
- Download the installation guide for more information here.
Video of Pattern makers Vice in action:
This video below explains how to install our pattern makers vice:
A great piece of engineering
This thing is awesome. I built a short workbench, 42x17", to go with it. And this little thing just clamps everything I throw at it.
Pattern Makers Vice
This vice is amazing. It works in every position very well. I‘m a luthier and the vice makes it much easier to clamp and work on. Thank you!
An unbelievably good vice. I’ve made up a small heavy bench for this vice for heavier wood carving jobs. The fitting of the vice was so easy by following Terry’s video online and I feel like I’ve got a solution to getting access to carving areas that have caused difficulty in the past. Awesome vice!
No professional should be without one.
We make contemporary fine furniture and we specialize in chairs. On a recent production run of 7 Cascade rocking chairs (http://www.dunstonedesign.com.au/furniture/product/cascade-rocking-chair) , we estimate that the HNT Gordon Patternmaker's vice saved us at least half an hour per chair (each Cascade takes 45 hours to make). What's more, the vice made working on the Cascades more comfortable, so it was easier on our craftsmen. The boys love our HNT Gordon Patternmakers vices! No professional workshop should be without one.
By far the best vice I’ve ever owned
I love my new HNT Gordon pattern makers vice. By far the best vice I’ve ever owned. Not only do they make great hand tools, they make amazing vices.